here

Monday, August 14, 2017

Making Pumpkins



Hi friends!
 I have been using the machine that my son-in-law found in a house he was remodeling. He called the owner and she told him to put it in the dump but he brought it to me.
It's a good little machine not real light weight like the ones they sale now.
So there is some metal inside!
I have been using it instead of my feather weight while waiting for a screw driver to fit a screw on my feather weight.
I called the feather weight shop and they got it right in the mail for me.
I made my third pumpkin  block over the week end.
Then took one and changed it into a pumpkin!
Just have one more to work the magic on and then can decide how I want to place them.
Have a good one
Hugs
Babs

8 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Cute pumpkins. How cool to have a back up machine which was free.

Chatty Crone said...

Barb I keep saying this - but I love it - I think that the pumpkin runner will be a great decoration for Thanksgiving!

Julierose said...

Adorable pumpkin...glad you have a good backup machine...
hugs, julierose

Rosa said...

Glad you machine go very well.Fall is around.Love your gorgeous your block and pumpkins.

sewyouquilt2 said...

great job on the pumpkin. isnt it fun? I love mine. just need some time to put them together.
great find on the machine. I have one that was free too. good backup machine

Needled Mom said...

The pumpkins are so cute. It's nice to have the extra machine.

Warm Quilts said...

Timing is everything - how fortunate for you to have found a second sewing machine. Those are great fabrics for making pumpkins!

margaret said...

what a good find with the seeing machine. Looked at new ones at the weekend tempted with the janome 8900 it was on offer £1399 from £1999 but was not brave enough to order one now regretting it! Pumpkins looking good