here

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Quilting and canning!

Hi friends!
I nearly finished with the flowers but braking thread got to me and I quit!
Still like a few on the last row.
Going to do some straight line quilting because nursing homes really wash them to death! Pour bleach to every thing!
So lots of quilting to hold it together.
I did a little hand quilting on my other one last night to, just a little!
I did get some soup put up. not as many tomato's as I would have liked but the squirrels are leaving big hunks out where they bite on them!  Those I leave or throw away. Funny they never come back and eat the rest.
Last year we didn't have any nuts around here so it's making them do it more. They even pull branch's of the tomato plant down so they can get to them better.
Tommy sat out there with the gun one night but they must wait for us to go to bed.
My great matching seams!!!!! At least I got a tiny bit more done on it.
All that hand  sewing and only got one end of the quilt done!
Hugs
Babs

4 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Like your quilty flowers. I have had big chunks out of my tomatoes too. I wonder if it is the squirrels?

Chatty Crone said...

You are right things get pretty used in a nursing home.

You have very wasteful squirrels.

Those soups look delish!

A gun?

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I wondered what critter takes bites out of tomatoes like that!! Now we have a darned groundhog in the back yard. Terry's whole family lives in our neighborhood. My BIL said the groundhogs are taking over the neighborhood. We put two cages out. Hope that works.
xx, Carol

margaret said...

so annoying when the thread keeps breaking, hope all sorted now, shame re the tomatoes pesky things squirrels are but such fun to watch